- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting :
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers
emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in
danger in more than 70 countries. MSF operates in Bangladesh since 1992.
In this context, MSF is recruiting a Radio Operator for post and to reinforce its pool of replacement.
MAIN PURPOSE: Operating the movement phone, in accordance with the MSF security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality
and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects
– Operating the movement phone, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security
rules. Ensures quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary
- – Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book.
Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel.
– Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all
information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
– Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of
passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
– Supervising and monitoring the movement phone allocation book and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up
on a regular basis.
– Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is
working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment,
communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising mobile phone batteries status in
good maintenance conditions.
CONTEXT SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
– Handle different mobile phones at the same time and communicating in clear and good English.
– Operate the communication devices according to the local security plan and procedures.
– Receive and manage vehicle movement requests
– Manages and monitors the visitors / Transit Phones
– Collecting all needed data and preparing monthly Fuel Report
– Prepare Rosters for Drivers and Ambulance Drivers, update Roster for monthly payment
– Provides assistance and performs other duties as / when required by the supervisor
Education Literacy. Essential secondary education.
Experience Desirable work experience as radio operator in related jobs
Languages Essential Bangla and English language.
WORKING HOURS: 75% contract /schedule: 156-hour work/ month.
APPLICATION: The interested candidates should submit their CV, motivation letter, references details and supporting documents (certificates,
diplomas etc.) before the 16 th March at 4:00PM to:
HR Department, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) – Jamtoli Project
Arista Villa, Beside patabari Mondir,Patabari,Ukhiya
OR email to: [email protected]
THE REFERENCE RADIO OPERATOR MUST BE STATED IN THE APPLICATION TO BE VALID